Ready, Set, Go! (RSG) Grant Program
The Ready, Set, Go! Grant Program assists destinations in securing competitive sporting events that require an upfront cash or financial commitment.
Why You Should Apply
- Attracting sporting events to your community creates serious economic impact.
- Sports marketing is one of the fastest growing niches around.
- Gives Wisconsin a competitive edge and top-of-mind awareness when organizing committees have numerous choices.
- The fund has $110,000 per fiscal year available for matching grants. Amount available per destination/per request is 50 percent of a bid fee or 50 percent of other allowable site/venue/municipal fees, up to a maximum of $30,000 during the State fiscal year.
- This grant does NOT fund in-state events that are regularly scheduled or those that rotate destinations within the state.
- Organizations that are currently funded through statutorily required expenditures (earmarks) are not eligible and those requesting this grant are not eligible for a Joint Effort Marketing grant for the same project, during the same fiscal year.
Please see RSG Grant Guidelines document for complete grant requirements.
Apply for an RSG grant
If you haven’t used the system previously, please contact the Grants Coordinator to assist with setting up your organizational account. See the Electronic Grant Program User Manual for additional instructions.
For further questions or additional applications reach out to the Grants Coordinator.
RSG Grant Deadlines
The Department of Tourism reviews applications three times each year. The deadline for applications is 11:59 PM January 1, April 1 and September 1.
Applications must also be submitted at least 90 days prior to the event.