Diversity, Equity, Accessibility & Inclusion Committee
The Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion (DEAI) Committee is a non-statutory committee that advises on efforts to address the Department of Tourism’s strategic plan. They identify and create initiatives to ensure that the Department of Tourism is taking the lead in developing a Wisconsin travel experience that welcomes everyone.
- Damian Buchman
- Dr. Natalie Chin
- Apache Danforth
- Dr. Robert Davis
- Genyne Edwards
- Brian Kelsey
- Krystal Westfahl
- Suzanne Wittman
The Wisconsin Department of Tourism embraces the values of diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion, defined as:
- Diversity: Recognizing all the ways in which people differ, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language and physical appearance, as well as different ideas, perspectives and values.
- Equity: Promoting justice, impartiality and fairness within the procedures, processes and distribution of resources.
- Accessibility: Giving equitable access to everyone along the continuum of human ability and experience from public accommodations and leadership opportunities to representation in content for all.
- Inclusion: Authentically bringing traditionally excluded individuals and/or groups into processes, activities and decision/policy making in a way that shares power.
A key imperative in the 2019-2021 Strategic Plan commits us to “Foster positive traveler experiences for all.” With the support of the DEAI Committee, the Wisconsin Department of Tourism is working toward this goal by ensuring our DEAI values are reflected in all aspects of our work:
- Industry relations: In the work we do to support and uplift our partners in the tourism industry
- Marketing and public relations: In the work we do to showcase Wisconsin’s unique assets to consumer audiences
- Agency operations: In the work we do internally to hire and train staff and engage outside vendors
- Agency leadership: In the work we do as a state agency to connect the dots across government and provide paths to engagement and representation at the highest levels