If you have a passion for helping travelers discover the unexpected in Wisconsin, we want you to join our team. Check out the open job postings below to see how your individual experience and skillset will help bolster the strength of the Travel Wisconsin team and grow Wisconsin's tourism economy.
Technical Program & Partnership Specialist - Apply by May 10
This position serves as the Technical Program and Partnership Specialist for the Office of Outdoor Recreation within the Wisconsin Department of Tourism (WDT). This position will be responsible for implementing and supporting new and existing public information and promotional communications programs of the small, but fast-paced Office. The Technical Program and Partnership Specialist reports to the Director of the Office of Outdoor Recreation.
The Office of Outdoor Recreation unites Wisconsin’s diverse outdoor industry stakeholders and provides support and resources to position Wisconsin as a top outdoor recreation destination. OREC grows the industry to ensure the economic health and overall well-being of the state and its residents. Outdoor recreation is big business in Wisconsin generating $7.8 billion. Wisconsin ranks 5th in the U.S. for the share of all jobs in outdoor-related manufacturing. The Office of Outdoor Recreation acts as a central hub for Wisconsin’s outdoor industry, drawing connections between the brands that call Wisconsin home, the outdoor recreation activities they support, and the communities in which we recreate.
At the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, we pursue our mission by living our values in all that we do. We are strategic and collaborative leaders who deliver value through industry expertise and resources.
- Excellence: We are committed to upholding the department's long tradition of excellence, continuing to produce best-in-class work that aims to outdo both the competition and ourselves. We know that sometimes success requires discerning where excellence is required and when good enough is good enough.
- Collaboration: We know that our work is vest when we include the experience, expertise and creativity of our teammates. We respect ideas, viewpoints and input from everyone on the team, and in return, promise candid, timely and solution-oriented feedback. "Clear is kind."
- Balance: We are committed to achieving balance for each individual employee and for the organization by centering clarity, consistency and compassion. Balance is a two-way street for both the individual and the organization and means discerning when and how to allocate time and/or financial resources to achieve objectives and key results.
- Fun: We believe the first step to selling fun is having fun. Not only do we promote it, we live it!
- Authenticity: We celebrate authenticity, encouraging team members to bring their whole selves to work. Professionally sharing feedback with your supervisor is encouraged and will be met with honesty, integrity and respect.