Are you someone with a great idea that can help travelers discover the unexpected in Wisconsin, but you need financial assistance and guidance to turn your dream into reality? We've got you covered. Each year, the Department of Tourism shares more than $1 million through four grant programs. See the options below to find out which one suits your needs, then contact your Tourism Development Specialist or Grants Coordinator for brainstorming and guidance.
Why You Should Apply
- Grants drive economic impact through new or expanded offerings.
- Grant funds do not need to be repaid; it is not a loan.
- Grants are a valuable resource for organizations to carry out promotions or events that they otherwise would not be able to.
- Grant funding can create a domino effect for your organization. Securing funding can create collaborations and builds trust among other funders and supporters.
- Our grants not only help you stretch your budget but also bring millions of dollars in visitor spending.
View the list of grant past recipients in the fiscal year grant awards report.
Joint Effort Marketing Grant Program
The Joint Effort Marketing (JEM) grant program funds promotions or events. The grant reimburses Wisconsin nonprofit organizations for eligible promotional expenses. The JEM grant has different categories to fit an organization’s needs.
Tourist Information Center Grant Program
The Tourist Information Center (TIC) grant program provides financial assistance to nonprofit tourism organizations, municipalities or Native American tribes operating a regional tourist information center.
Ready, Set, Go! Grant Program
The Ready, Set, Go! (RSG) grant program assists destinations in securing competitive sporting events that are not regularly held in Wisconsin and require an upfront financial commitment.
Meetings Mean Business Grant Program
The Meetings Mean Business (MMB) grant program assists destinations in securing regional and national meetings or conventions not regularly scheduled in Wisconsin. The MMB grant provides financial assistance for facility costs or host destination expenses.
All applications must be filled out with our electronic grant system. View the Electronic Grant Program User Manual.
To apply for a grant, go to grants.travelwisconsin.com.
Need guidance on how to structure your grant? New to the system and need help setting up your organizational account? Questions about the application process? No problem. Contact our Grants Coordinator for help.